My practice has been serving the mental health needs of Greater South Florida since 1999. I have found it most therapeutic & cost-effective (as well as time-saving) to provide both psychiatric medication and/or various forms of psychotherapy (e.g. cognitive-behavioral & psychoanalytic therapy), when appropriate. Areas of interest include depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, & smoking cessation. Hablo español.
Areas of Interest/Specialty
- Combined Psychotherapies & Psychopharmacology
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma/PTSD, complicated grief, & phobias
- Substance Use Disorders & other (process) Addictions as well e.g. sex, food, shopping, etc)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Eating Disorders
- Smoking Cessation (multiple modalities: nicotine replacement, acupuncture, medications, hypnosis)
- Group (Corporate) dynamics & efficiency: Available for consultation to analyze the dynamics of your team & make recommendations to improve efficiency & performance.
- 2018: Dr Sabater obtained individual training from one of the founders of the Kriya Institute & attended their annual conference as well as hands-on experience with a senior colleague to start providing IV infusions of Ketamine in the office. This ground-breaking treatment for treatment-resistant depression is still not approved by the FDA, yet promising studies & clinical experience have led to its increasing use in clinical practice. Dr. Sabater is already getting robust responses inhis patients. Studies have shown that ketamine also shows promise as a treatment for PTSD as well as, ironically, addiction. It is rare to find a physician in the community who provides BOTH the ketamine infusion & ketamine-assisted psychotherapy where the doctor personally sits with the patient for 90 min as Dr. Sabater does.
- 2017: Dr Sabater took more than the necessary coursework to register as a physician able to recommend medical marijuana to patients who meet criteria according to the state of Florida. Dr. Sabater is committed to the safe & appropriate use of this & other complementary/alternative treatments to help his patients.
- Also in 2017, Dr. Sabater learned of the promising increased use of Botox & other neuromuscular blockers for the treatment of depression. Still being approved by the FDA, high doses of this drug in a few particular points on the face are working for many as well as medication according to multiple studies & without side effects for most. Dr. Sabater has already begun using this in his practice with mixed results including some very robust improvement. Dr. Sabater took the entire Botox course & is trained to use Botox all over the face, yet usually limits his use to treat depression.
- As of 2016, Dr. Sabater is offering suboxone treatment and other services for addicted patients.
- We are pleased to announce that during 2014, Dr. Sabater celebrated his 15th anniversary of practicing psychiatry since completing his training at University of Miami as Chief Resident.
- Ever since starting his practice, Dr. Sabater has used Hormone Replacement Therapies including testosterone for men lacking in this vital hormone for physical & emotional health and estrogens, when appropriate, for women when conditions such as menopause or post-partum depression call for supplementation as part of a broader treatment plan.
- We hope this web site will serve as a resource for medical information as well as a tool to learn about Dr. Sabater's practice.
FOR NEW PATIENTS: PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BY CALLING (954) 724-9640 OR ALTERNATIVELY TEXTING (954) 933-8362 OR BY EMAILING email@example.com.